Austria's skiing and hiking region in Tirol is also known for its comforting dish of Tyrolean Gröstl. This dish is a great way to use a bunch of leftovers and is easy to prepare. Traditionally, the dish is served with a fried egg on top. You can use leftover pot roast, barbecue brisket, or roast beef.Visit our "Top 10 Christmas Markets in Europe (Start Planning Your Holiday Trip to Europe!)" post – https://thecultureties.com/christmas-markets-in-europe
- 1 lb of peeledboiled potatoes, cooled
- 6 oz smoked bacon cut into small cubes German spëck, if you can find it
- 6 oz of shredded beef see suggestions above
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbls butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives
- 4 eggs
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 pieces.
- In large frying pan, over medium heat, melt butter and fry onion until brown.
- Add bacon and shredded beef to onion, cook until bacon begins to brown.
- Add the potatoes, caraway seeds and toss with other ingredients. Cook until they are showing some color.
- Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat to keep warm.
- In a separate frying pan, fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Divide the potato mixture onto 4 warmed plates and top with a fried egg on each. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Leave a Reply