In the Old Fashioned cocktail, you have a slight sweetness and the complexity of the bitterness coming from Angostura bitters, yielding one of the most sophisticated drinks. Originating from Louisville, Kentucky.Visit our “Appreciating Whisky” post for more tips and recipes – https://thecultureties.com/appreciating-whisky
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 sugar cube or 1 tsp sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 tsp water
- 1 orange twist
- 1 cherry
- Muddle the sugar cube (or sugar) with the bitters in an old fashioned glass or rocks glass.
- Add the bourbon or whiskey and ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Garnish with the orange twist and cherry.
Leave a Reply