A balance of rye whiskey and a sweet vermouth creates the Manhattan cocktail. There are other versions of the Manhattan such as (just to name a few):The Perfect Manhattan (combining equal parts of dry and sweet vermouth)The Dry Manhattan (using dry vermouth)The Sweet Manhattan (using maraschino cherry syrup)Visit our “Appreciating Whisky" post for more tips and recipes – https://thecultureties.com/appreciating-whisky
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Combine the whiskey, vermouth, and bitters in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a Maraschino cherry.
- Total Calories: 194
- Total Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Total Fat: 0 grams
- Total Protein: 0 grams